Personal injury lawyers in Westborough MA

Personal Injury lawyers in Worcester County MA

If you’ve been in an accident, or something happened to you, and someone else is at fault, it is referred to as “personal injury”, meaning something damaging, that happened to a person as opposed to an object.

Personal injury as a term includes all the losses a victim sustains after an accident or wrongful death, including both physical and emotional damage. Then the work is to determine what damages you can recover in a personal injury claim, including non-economic damages. According to Massachusetts law, in order to have a valid personal injury case, the injury must have been sustained as the result of negligence or recklessness of another person or a company. The most common type of personal injury case involves car accidents.

What damages can you claim in Personal Injury cases?

In most cases, the claim for damages covers medical bills, travel to doctors’ appointments and some loss of income. If you can prove that because of your injury you are unable to work, and you lost earnings as a result, the damages you will get include lost earnings.

Psychological injury can be a part of Personal Injury, and it may include such disorders as depression, anxiety or post-traumatic stress disorder. It can also be referred to as ‘injury to feelings’.

How can I even prove emotional damage caused by the accident?

These are the standard steps taken by the victim’s attorney to prove emotional distress:

  1. The defendant’s conduct was outrageous,
  2. The conduct was either reckless or intended to cause emotional distress,
  3. As a result of the defendant’s conduct the plaintiff suffered severe emotional distress.

Contact an attorney today

Make sure you are well represented by experienced attorneys who have done this many times before.

With us, you are in good hands, we will take care of the paperwork, while you take your time to heal and rebuild your life. To speak with our personal injury lawyers in Worcester County MA. Contact Us Here or Call Us at 508-809-7555 to get the best representation for your case.


We Will Be Here To Help You Every Step Of The Way

Fields marked with an * are required